|Ingredients for Birdseed Cakes|
- dripping or lard
- wild bird seed (from the supermarket or garden centre)
- extras such as chopped peanuts, popcorn, raisins (whatever you have on hand)
- In a microwave safe jug, melt some lard.
- Stir in enough birdseed and extras to make a thick mixture.
- Spoon into patty pan tins or little plastic moulds and set in fridge.
And that's all there is to it!
I got such a surprise today. Out on the lawn, pecking away, was a turtle dove! I've never seen one round here before. In fact I had to 'google images' it to check what it was. Now all I need is to find a partridge in the pear tree and I'll be really happy!