Saturday 16 June 2012

...to Change a Routine

Today I decided to do something different. I would change my morning routine.
  My husband leaps out of bed in the early mornings, whistling and happy, ready to get stuck into a new day. I, on the other hand, am more inclined to snuggle down under the duvet and doze off again. Eventually I'll haul myself out of bed to make a cup of coffee but I don't want to speak to anyone until I'm fully awake.
  "You miss the best part of the day," he, the ex-farmer who has had years of early wake-up calls, is always telling me.
Winter's Early Morning Mist
  Today I got up soon after sunrise and went out onto the deck. This beautiful scene was my reward.
  
                  Don't let your habits become handcuffs  (E. Berg)


Perhaps I'll change other routines and see what surprises that will bring into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment