Tuesday 22 May 2012

Take the Time Today to Enjoy the Season: Autumn

Liquidambar Leaves in Autumn Tones
Every morning when I open my bedroom curtains, I see these liquidambar leaves glowing golden. What a wonderful way to start the day - close to nature!
  I cannot remember when we last had such a glorious autumn - blue, clear skies, no wind, and warming sunshine. It is such a pleasure to walk through the park each day, to sit outside in the sun for lunch, to potter in the garden. 
  Autumn is my favorite season. I don't mind the crisp mornings and cooler nights, although it's not cold enough yet to light a fire. 
  I love the low afternoon sun that casts golden light and long shadows over the hills. I love the spectacular sunsets when the sky turns to flame. And I love the spiderwebs that appear overnight, slung between posts on the deck, bejeweled with dewdrops in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment