Sunday 6 January 2013

... to Find Your 'Treasure'

Wherever your treasure is...
... there will your heart be also

I seem to be in an introspective mood at the moment and this quotation really resonated with me. But I don't mean the 'X-marks-the-spot-buried-treasure' of pirates!
 My 'treasure' is the time I lived in Greece and this year I will be returning yet again to that country which captured my heart in so many ways years ago. That's very exciting!
 I made these little collages by tearing and pasting the entrance tickets to some of the Greek museums I have visited - the National Museum and the Acropolis Museum in Athens; Knossos, and the museums in Chania, Heraklion and Aghios Nikolaos in Crete. Each ticket features a picture of an archaeological treasure. 
 When I look at them, I am reminded of so many of the sights and sounds and smells of Greece: the blue of the sky against the white-washed houses; the braying of donkeys; the smell of bread baking in the brick oven. That's a good feeling, to be able to instantly recreate in your mind a place and time of great happiness.
 What is your passion? What do you think of when you read this quotation?

No comments:

Post a Comment