Friday 7 December 2012

Advent Calendar Activities - Week 1

Week One of Advent
Every morning when we wake up we're full of anticipation, wondering what activity we'll be doing from the Advent Calendar. You see, apart from Day 1, I shuffled up the little cards that go in the Advent envelopes, so it really is a 'lucky dip' surprise each day. Pete looks forward to reading out the day's card as much as I do. We're like a couple of big kids!
   So here's what we've been doing each day this week, the first seven days of Advent.

  1. Decorate the Christmas tree: I love doing this! It's a red and white decorating theme this year and I've hand-stitched almost all the decorations out of felt.
  2. Do a random act of kindness: Mine was at the supermarket, Pete's was at a music event.
  3. Make a wish upon a star together: It was rainy and cloudy and we couldn't see the stars! I was in a silly mood (blame it on the season!) so I got the star from the top of the Christmas tree and held it up! And I didn't stop at one wish - I snuck in a couple of others as well.
  4. Make the Christmas cake: The house smelt lovely all day.
  5. Send the Christmas cards: I got the ones for people overseas written and posted.
  6. Read a Christmas book: 'Chicken Soup for the Soul - Christmas' had some very touching tales and I enjoyed reading about the customs from Edwardian times in 'The Country Diary Christmas Book' by Sue Hollis.
  7. Make a donation to a charity: We gave money to the local branch of a national organisation. I hope that it benefits their work in our area.
Now I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment