|Asparagus Tart - perfect for spring|
The recipe is my adaptation of one by Annie Bell, in the Meat Free Monday Cookbook published by Kyle Books.
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
- 1 block of puff pastry
- 150ml creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- milk to glaze pastry
- Add asparagus to a pan of boiling water & boil 4 minutes. Drain. Run under cold water and drain again.
- Whisk together the creme fraiche, mustard, cheese & egg yolk till smooth.
- Roll out pastry to about 40 cm by 20 cm to cover tray.
- Smooth creme mixture over the pastry leaving a border of about 2 cm all around.
- Place asparagus spears and tomato halves in rows on top.
- Brush pastry edges with a little milk to glaze.
- Bake at 200 C for 30 minutes.
If you like asparagus, give this a try. It's delicious. Must go - time to eat!