Friday 13 July 2012

... to Make Delicious Hot Chocolate

Thick Hot Chocolate Spanish-Style
Today is such a grey, bitterly cold winter's day that I've been sitting in front of the fire, reading a detective novel and sipping on hot chocolate. 
  This has to be the best hot chocolate (outside of Spain) that I have tasted. In Spain they make the drink so thick you can almost stand your spoon up in it. My recipe replicates that silky smooth consistency. 


Hot Chocolate Spanish-Style



  • 2 cups low fat milk
  • 1/2 cup drinking chocolate
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
  1. Put all in a microwave jug and whisk to combine. 
  2. Microwave on high 2 minutes, stir. 
  3. Microwave 2 minutes.

In fact, as I've been drinking this, I've been imagining myself back in Barcelona, sitting in the sun at a side-walk cafe in the Plaza Real, having hot chocolate and churros. Oh, to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment